[mythtv-users] How does MythTV Networking work?

Scott Nicholson mythtv at scottnic.com
Tue Feb 10 00:39:56 EST 2004

Re: the backend machine.

I assume since I'm not using this to actually watch anything I won't need to
worry about the video card as much as I might otherwise need to.

I'll probably use Hauppauge PVR-250s for the capture. I can use multiple
cards in the same machine with no problems, right? And with two (or more)
250s I can have two (or more) frontends watching live TV with different
channels at the same time?

If I'm using the PVR-250s CPU isn't a major issue, right? So a decent Athlon
or even a Duron 900 would probably be okay? (I'll be encoding to MPEG2, of
course).

I assume there aren't any problems using an external fileserver for storage?
How many video streams will I be able to record at once using an external
NFS mount over 100MBit Ethernet?

---

---