[mythtv-users] Help!, DVB kernel loclup

Simon at the Threshold dweller at the-threshold.org
Tue Feb 10 03:53:30 EST 2004

FYI:

Finaly...Resolution...<Sigh>

My Athlon XP2400+ on a Abit KV7 motherboard locking up under load
(transcoding for instance). I had this initaly down as a DVB driver
problem as that was the last thing I had changed. Oddly enough testing
showed that with a vanila kernel and no DVB cards installed it still
froze underload.

After many hours/days of testing and attempting to track down which
hardware component was faulty I'd ruled out the CPU, MEMORY and DISKS
just as I was about the take a very large hammer to the box I remembered
that I hadn't checked the bios version (Original version 11) upgraded
this to the latest and greatest (version 13) and the problem as not
shown itself since.

PC's are great because there are a lot of low cost high performance bits
of equipment and are great when they work. But boy is it a MPITA when
the damm things don't...

Regards
Simon

--
The hardest thing in the world to understand is the income tax.
		-- Albert Einstein