[mythtv-users] ME6000 and hard drives

Jayson Garrell kyi at kyi.sytes.net
Tue Feb 10 11:41:35 EST 2004

On Tue, 2004-02-10 at 00:23, Clay wrote:
> I was curious if anyone on the list using the combination of an EPIA
> ME6000 and a PVR 350 would be willing to post what type of hard drive
> they're using and what kind of statistics hdparm reports on the drive?
> I was using an old Seagate 60GB just fine with my ME6000, but I can't
> use my new Maxtor drives (120GB and 160GB each) without turning DMA
> off, which I'd prefer not to do.  (ivtv will hard freeze the system
> playing back MPEG2 files if DMA is turned on with the Maxtors.  I can't
> even SSH in in this case.)

I was pretty much having the same issue. I tryed to turn off dma and
that worked but play back(while recording) became very slow. It happened
regradless if I used my Maxtor or WD drives. My solution was to just
have the /mnt/store on an nfs volume (on my file server), since then
it's been playing live tv now for about 12+ hours with out any problems.

Jayson Garrell