[mythtv-users] Re: ivtv not loading after upgrade to 0.14

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at physik.fu-berlin.de
Tue Feb 10 12:39:48 EST 2004

On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 08:41:49AM -0800, John DeLuca wrote:
> I had the same thing (diff kernel version than ivtv).

Did you run rpm -V ivtv-kmdl-...? ivtv-kmdl-... requires the presence
of a matching kernel.

>  I'm not sure how it happened to me but I know I have never used the
>  --nodeps.

I am not aware of any method to get ivtv-kmdl-... w/o its matching
kernel on your system w/o --nodeps or a rpm database
corruption. Please check rpm database integrity with the rpm -V
command as above.

You need to run the matching kernel also, of course. Other wise your
kernel/ivtv-kmdl combination is installed but inactive.

But the original poster listed his kernels and none didn't pair with
the ivtv-kmdl-... rpm.