[mythtv-users] Re:PNY GeForce4 MX440 - $40 till 2/29/04

John DeLuca johnfdeluca at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 10 13:41:17 EST 2004

I stay away from Tiger Direct after reading this:

http://hotdealsclub.com/deal/65a74c419136ebaa9865a141cfeb26bd/

Call me supersticious.  Oh, and I will never purchase anything from US Camera 1 (a featured merchant on pricegrabber.com).  I purchased a 43" plasma from them and they tried to add $500 for insurance on top of the posted shipping charge.  I learned this when they called to confirm the order price since I ordered online (price was $500 more than the online price).  When I said "Cancel the Order", they threatened to charge me a 20% restocking fee.  I repeatedly said "Cancel the order" to each threat they lodged and they said "F*ck You" and hung up.  I instead purchased from Plasma.com and while I was worried about similar shenannigans from this unknown vendor, they came thru with the price they quoted and delivered the product I requested.

FYI....I never did get charged the 20% restocking fee from US Camera 1 (which I was prepared to contest with my credit card).