[mythtv-users] Spilt Myth mailing list?

Jeff Monks mythtv at skunkeye.com
Tue Feb 10 19:50:14 EST 2004

If I can interject a small observation:

It seems that many of the posts we get to the mailing list that are
"newbie FAQs" are answered with "Go search the archive".  This is a proper
response, but I would wager that a large percentage of those questions
would never be asked in the first place if people knew about the
Gossamer Threads archive.  I think a lot of newbies aren't aware that it
exists, and its link on mythtv.org isn't very prominent.  Perhaps making
that link a bit more obvious to new users (or scattering it through the
documentation a bit) would help cut down on repeat posts about the same
topics.

Sure, there will always be a few people too lazy to do the search, but I
think most of the newbies just don't know about it.

As for the forum, doesn't someone set one up every time this topic comes
up, and then nobody uses it?  I know I've seen two in the past couple
months.  I think that answers the question about whether there's
enough demand to sustain a forum - whenever one gets created, nobody
uses it.