[mythtv-users] WinTV 350 and Audio Out

John Dycus johndycus at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 10 23:01:27 EST 2004

I've nearly finished my first install of mythtv, and now am basically
running through tweaking things.  So far I've been REALLY impressed
except for the occasional complete system lock-up which I think is
because of some problem between my kernel and my ivtv drivers.  Anyway,
that's not really what I want to ask about here...
My big problem right now is trying to figure out how to get all the
audio to be output through the WinTV 350's tv/audio out.  Right now it
seems that anything other than programs I've recorded or played back
from off the tv has the sound routed through alsa and my sound blaster
live card.  Anything tv related so far has been output through the
tv-out like it should.  Is this behavior expected, or is there some way
to either combine it all to the 350's tv-out's audio or have it so that
the 350's video out will still work, but have the audio play through the
sound blaster live?  I really just want to be able to use a single set
of RCA's to connect to the box, and I can't seem to figure out how this
all works.
Geez, kind of rambled there...

- John