[mythtv-users] Can you play a DVD on a Frontend machine?

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 10 23:55:22 EST 2004

Xine has native lirc support, like MythTV, so it's a
matter of mapping the functions that you use to your
remote control via a .lircrc file.  Xine has a lot of
functions, so you're really only limited to how many
buttons your remote control has.

I have no problems with the basics on my remote
control (a URC-6131, it's a PVR universal remote).
I've got things like Stop, Play, Rew, FF, previous and
next chapter, exit, etc. mapped.  I haven't mapped
some of the more exotic functions that I'd never use.

-- Joe