[mythtv-users] PUNDIT High-CPU watching TV
paul.volkaerts at lineone.net
Wed Feb 11 15:59:18 EST 2004
I am using a DVB-T card so the source resolution is 720x576 (for widescreen)
and under TV-Settings/Recording-Profiles I set both Live-TV and Default to
this same resolution. Nothing else I know of I can change. The X-server is
set to 800x600 and it doesn't support 720x756 natively.
Are there any profiling tools that will tell me where the time is spent? If
I run under gdb can I get something like this running?
I really just want to know I have Xv running properly; since the SIS 315
driver has an Xv overlay that I "believe" is setup correctly; but I don't
know any way to confirm this. Are there any packages I can use that will
On Tue, 2004-02-10 at 02:47, Will Dormann wrote:
> At 12:26 AM 2/10/2004 -0000, you wrote:
> >The CPU figures I get watching a playback are roughly;
> >With no filters : 50% XFree86, 15% mythfrontend (total 65%)
> >With kerneldeint : 50% XFree86, 25% mythfrontend (total 75%)
> >With kerneldeint + denoise3d : 50% XFree86, 50% mythfrontend (total 100%)
Hmm, you see the filters in the mythfrontend cpu figures. The XFree cpu
use suggests that your Xserver does scale in software not hardware. Look
at the capabilities of your server. Or try grabbing in exactly the same
resolution as your X resolution.
Walkthrough: MythTV on Epia with PVR350 using Debian:
More information about the mythtv-users