[mythtv-users] Recordings to DVD

William Powers wepprop at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 11 19:10:44 EST 2004

FWIW, if you need to be able to play your archived recordings on most
any DVD player, you can master a DVD at a resolution of 352x480 at 2400
kbps video bitrate, 128 kbps audio bitrate, and get 4 hours of very good
quality video on a single DVDR.

If VCD quality video suffices for your application, you can master that
same DVD at 352x240 with a correspondingly reduced video bitrate and get
8 hours on the DVD.

Bill