[mythtv-users] PVR250 Settings?

papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Thu Feb 12 07:18:55 EST 2004

	I got mine set up a few weeks ago.  I'm still slightly annoyed by some
softness in the picture but I'm not sure if I'm just being anal about the
quality.  I can't see any quality difference above 480x480.  Looking at a few
DVD rates, it appears that 3500 kbps is about the low end of what's considerend
acceptable.  I can't see much different between 3500 and 4000. Scale that down
to the capture resolution and it ammounts to 2300 kbps for 480x480 and 1800
kbps for 352x480.  I use 2000 (4000 peak) for my setup since I don't have a
whole lot of disk space.  It yields roughly 1.3 GB for 61 minutes
(pre-commercial cut).

-Cory

 On Wed, 11 Feb 2004, Matthew Daubenspeck wrote:

> I finally purchased a PVR250 and got it installed. Let the fun begin!
>
> What are other PVR people using for their bitrate settings? I want to
> find a happy middle between space and quality, and would be interested
> in finding out what the rest of you think...

* The prime directive of Linux:  					*
* 	- learn what you don't know, 					*
* 	- teach what you do.						*
* 						(Just my 20 USm$)	*