[mythtv-users] Recordings to DVD

Greg geflatt at hfx.eastlink.ca
Thu Feb 12 07:50:21 EST 2004

J. Donavan Stanley wrote:

> Greg wrote:
>
>> J. Donavan Stanley wrote:

>>> Video artifacts, and audio sync issues following cutpoints come to
>>> mind.  I believe I saw that someone was working on it.  The original
>>> author is pressed for time right now so if he has to fix it it'll be
>>> months from now.
>>>
>>> Personally, I'm less and less interested in archiving to video DVDs
>>> and more interested in archiving MPEG4 content to backup DVDs so I
>>> can fit several shows on one disk.
>>

>> Would be nice if transcoding mpeg2 converted it to a portable mpeg4,
>> so that I could burning them on a CD/DVD if I decided to.. Mind you I
>> can do that manually, so I guess if I need to bad enough, just would
>> be nice to have that built in...
>>
> Myth has transcoded from MPEG2 to MPEG4 for quite some time now...
> MPlayer seems to play them fine.

I've know that Myth has be able to transcode from MPEG2 to MPEG4 for a
while now, but I am not able to play transcode files in Mplayer. This
morning I attempted to play a transcode MPEG4 file in Mplayer and Xine
to see if something changed, but I am still unable to play the file. I
remember the patch for Mplayer that allow this.... If there is something
I'm missing I'd sure like to know it.... =_)

Greg