[mythtv-users] Spilt Myth mailing list?

Oxygen oxygen at asisard.com
Thu Feb 12 09:33:25 EST 2004

Im willing to provide the hosting free of charge.

I own a dedicated server used for webhosting alone, and currently have about
400GB transfer per month to share that goes to no use.

What i cannot, currently, is manage the site/forums/gateway to the list,
because of work.

If someone is interested and will install and manage it, moderate it, etc.
email me privately, don't respond to the list as many times i cant see it
because of the huge loads of emails on the list. email me to
oxygen at asisard.com but dont include the "[mythtv-users]" in the subject.

To the forums haters:

Yes, i use threaded view, still, mailing lists for this kind of purpose are
very inefficient.

For reasons i already posted last time this issue was discussed(?)
Here:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/perl/mailarc/gforum.cgi?post=94700;search_string=;guest=2311984&t=search_engine#94700

I only can think of one better use of a mailing list compared to a forum and
thats a mailing list for announcements only. IMHO

Its cool if you people (forum haters) dont want to use a forum, because you
guys contribute a lot to the list (well, a lot more than me thats for sure),
but please, dont try to use arguments about a mailing list being more
efficient than a forum...because, its not.

Setting up threaded news reader, using IMAP, getting a bigger mail box, etc.
is never as simple as just needing a browser and an internet account to
access the info.