[mythtv-users] Re: Addition to rpm.spec

Scott White scott-mythtv at riskboys.com
Thu Feb 12 16:14:05 EST 2004

On Thu, 2004-02-12 at 00:59, Axel Thimm wrote:

> This should have a matching BuildRequires creating
> /usr/src/linuxtv-dvb-1.1.0/linux/include, otherwise the rpm will not
> built for a user and will not give him a hint, why it didn't build.

Axel you've forgotten more about RPMs than I know.  If you say that is
so I'm sure you are right.  I guess I didn't notice as I obviously have
the drivers.

> What is linuxtv-dvb-1.1.0? A kernel module? And mythtv requires its
> headers? I wouldn't install the headers under /usr/src, pick
> /usr/include/linuxtv-dvb or something similar.

I totally agree.  I don't have mine here.  However the
docs/readmes/howto's for the DVB drivers have always referenced
/usr/src/[Current Name] for as long as I remember and it seems to have
become some kind of convention. I'm not married to the location.  I
believe it would be helpful to have the DVB reference where ever you
feel is most appropriate.

Scott