[mythtv-users] One for All remote control for the XBOX

Andrew Dodd atd7 at cornell.edu
Thu Feb 12 16:25:07 EST 2004

Quoting mythtv at bruce.homelinux.com:

> Hi,
>
> Has anyone used an aftermarket remote to add extra functions to the xbox
> control of myth?
>
> What I would like is to be able to add some of the keyboard functions mapped
> to a remote
> control key that the xbox remote doesnt currently offer. Is this possible?
> I was looking at the one for all 8910 remote. It seems like this is a capable
> learning remote.
I'm assuming that the xbox Myth frontends use lirc like any other Myth frontend,
in which case it would be a simple matter of tweaking the frontend config to
understand a new remote.

If the Xbox receiver is limited to only receiving commands from a certain remote
encoding type (For example, the Hauppauge remote receiver only understands RC-5
remotes), you'll need to set up the OFA remote to use the same encoding.

Unfortunately, looking at the lirc config file for the xbox at
http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/microsoft/Xbox, the encoding doesn't look
immediately familiar.

So you have two options:
a)  Hope the Xbox DVD kit's IR receiver is generic and protocol-independent.  I
don't yet own an xbox so I can't answer this.
b)  Get a different USB IR receiver that is.
b)