[mythtv-users] Slightly corrupted MPEGs from PVR-250

Chris Tracy mythtv at adiemus.org
Thu Feb 12 19:07:43 EST 2004

Hello,

	I've got the latest CVS running on my mythbox.  In it is a PVR-250
that works reasonably well.  Occasionally, however, the PVR has recorded a
show that mythtv refuses to play back.  When run in debug mode,
mythbackend claims it can't determine the filetype.

	Interestingly enough, the files that can be played are all
identified by 'file' as "MPEG system stream data" while all the unplayable
files are all listed as "data".

	Testing with mplayer shows the file to be playable, at least from
mplayer.  Is there someway to repair the file to mythtv will play it?  Or
some way to convince mythtv to try playing it anyway?

	Interestingly, today, all 3 programs recorded have ended up in
this state.  I did nothing to the box between today and yesterday (when
all the recordings were fine) other than leave it on.

	And just now, when it switched to the 4th program to record for
the day, mythtv can play the file fine.  But 'file' shows it as "data" so
it's not entirely properly formatted.

	This is probably more of an ivtv issue, but the fact the mplayer
*can* play these files makes me wonder why mythtv won't.

	Chris