[mythtv-users] Only small font in theme

Philippe C. Cattin cattin at vision.ee.ethz.ch
Fri Feb 13 08:21:25 EST 2004

Executive Summary:

- Problem: only small font in theme (setup doesn't help)
- Analysis: theme uses font family that it not available and therefor
     uses a small default font.
- Solution: either install the missing font or change the theme font

If you have more time:

the other week I was reinstalling my myth box from scratch with all the
latest and freshest patches. after reinstalling the fonts were very
small and fiddling around with the font size in the setup screen didn't
help. even changing the size in the theme xml files didn't improve the
situation.

it turned out that my problem was, that the theme used a font (Arial)
that wasn't installed on my system. as soon as I changed to font family
in the theme file from Arial to something else everything worked like a
charm.

I hope someone can save some time with this hint.

regards, Philippe