[mythtv-users] newbie hardware question

Jim Jarrett jarrett at rpa.net
Sat Feb 14 00:03:49 EST 2004

On 2/13/04 19:30 PM, Isaac Richards <ijr at po.cwru.edu> wrote:

> Not for everyone, though -- I have yet to have the EPG hang my system with my
> pvr-350.  I do have very occasional other problems with the ivtv driver on my
> pvr-350 machine, but not that one =)
>
> Isaac

Issac,

Are you seeing hard lockups of your machine?

I have 2 250's and every now and then, I get just that.  Changing to an
nVIDIA chipset motherboard, and running CVS has made it much better, but
there are times the thing locks so hard I have to power-cycle it.

Do you, or anyone, have any clues?  It only happens while watching LiveTV,
it has happened even if I have paused playback for 30 seconds to buffer
things up as someone suggested...it happened last night, and I had an SSH
seesion open to the machine that went away as well.

Is there anything that can be logged from the IVTV driver to get some clues
for driver h4ax0r 3733tz to debug?

| Jim Jarrett,Rochester NY      '93 Passat GLX, '84 Scirocco    |
| mailto:jarrett at rpa.net         '81 Rabbit Convertible 16v     |