[mythtv-users] Myth interface fits perfectly, tv has black bars on the side

Lance Tost ltost at pobox.com
Sat Feb 14 00:34:34 EST 2004

This just started happening after I recently upgraded ivtv to the latest
via apt-get.. Before that, I was using CVS source patched for the M179.

I'm using a GeForce2 GTS card w/ tv-out... using nvtv to adjust overscan.
I can make the myth gui fit perfectly with "800x600 Large" but when I
watch tv or recordings, I have black bars on the right and left.  If I
increase my overscan to "800x600 Huge", the tv picture looks fine but then
my myth gui is cropped.

Also, I noticed I used to get these two messages in my /var/adm/messages
file:

mythtv kernel: Setting full NTSC width
mythtv kernel: Setting full NTSC height

But now I'm only getting the height message.  I can get both messages in
there by doing a test_ioctl -f width=720,height=480... but then when myth
goes into tv/recording watching, I get another height message only... this
leads me to think it might be more of an issue with myth than ivtv.

Before I upgraded ivtv via apt-get, everything looked good with "800x600
Large".  Is anyone else having this problem?

--
Lance Tost <ltost at pobox.com>