[mythtv-users] good, full ATX, HTPC cases

mark fairlane at springcom.com
Sat Feb 14 08:18:54 EST 2004

On Friday 13 February 2004 09:33 am, J. Donavan Stanley wrote:

> Why?
>
> Because they can?  Because every other piece of their home theater
> systems looks like it belongs there and isn't a cheap piece of plastic?
> Because estetics and quality matter more to some people?  The list goes
> on and on and on.
>
> Personally I bought mine D.Vine 5 because it was the nicest looking case
> I'd found, and it was all aluminum construction.  $200 isn't a lot of
> money...

It was only a data point.  I'm not into bling bling.  I'm into
functionality/low cost.  My Myth box performs great and cost me ~ $500.
I just couldnt see paying almost 1/2 the cost of the box on a case.  Every
single person that has come in to look at it hasn't even noticed that there
was a computer in there.  You can't tell unless you get down on the floor
and stare at it for a second.  As far as it being plastic, when's the last
time you bought a VCR or a DVD player?  EVERYTHING is plastic these days.
I'm not saying you shouldn't buy one if you want it, I'm only saying *I* don't
know why people do it.