[mythtv-users] Live TV is smooth, recorded shows jerky - solved.

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sat Feb 14 11:33:14 EST 2004

> I record a lot of kid shows and have them set to only keep the latest 2 so
> there was a fair amount of churn.  The disk hovered around 40-50% full but
> at times came close to 70 or 80%.  And I'm using mpeg2 so every file was
> at least a gig.
>
> Larry

If you have that much churn, you might consider turning off the "Delete
oldest over max" item on the advanced recording options screen.  If this is
OFF, Myth will stop recording new episodes until you delete one and get below
the max.  This eliminates churn but always insures you have X episodes of
a particular show available.  If you want the newest show like the News
for instance then you should leave the Delete Oldest option ON.

--

Chris