[mythtv-users] new mythtv-users archive..

Oxygen oxygen at asisard.com
Sat Feb 14 16:06:58 EST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Jeske" <jeske at chat.net>
To: "Discussion about mythtv" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Sent: Saturday, February 14, 2004 4:29 PM
Subject: [mythtv-users] new mythtv-users archive..

> With all the discussion about ways to read mythtv-users, I figured
> I'd put it up in my experimental archive browse/search software.
>
> http://archive.neotonic.com/archive/mythtv-users
>
> It has modes for browsing as a flat threadlist, or as a hypermail
> style tree (with or without frames). It also has search with
> snippets.
>
> It currently is not receiving new posts as my subscription request
> hasn't gone through yet. It will be soon.
>
> Enjoy...
>
> P.S. - It would be nice if we had polls so we could more effeciently
> query the group. In the interest of casting my vote: I use a modern
> mail client and very much prefer email delivery to web forums.

Great script.

Is there any way you could add replying?

And user for preferences IMHO it would be best with registration?

I guess with registration the replys would go thru with the "from:" as the
user logged in so the user should already be registered to the list and it
would be transparent to it, if you could add:

- Subscribing to topics (tracking).

- Ignoring users.

- Polls, etc.

We could have a great and TRANSPARENT gateway for the list that shouldnt
bother the forum haters at all.

If you could do this and ever need hosting for this tool let me know, i
would gladly host it.

Oxy.