[mythtv-users] having issues with apt-get (on RH FC 1)

gabe at mustbethemoney.com gabe at mustbethemoney.com
Sat Feb 14 19:19:05 EST 2004

I am getting along pretty well in my install, but every now and then when
I try to do an apt-get install of a package not installed, I get a funky
message.  For example:
# apt-get install lirc-kmdl-$MYKERNEL
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Package lirc-kmdl is not installed, so not removed
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 removed and 22 not upgraded.

I realize it is not installed, that is why I am trying to do an apt-get
install of it ;)  But instead it is telling me it can't remove it.  Any
ideas what is going on here?  This happened with the ALSA drivers to,
which i wound up having to compile from source.  Hoping to avoid that
here, being as it is setup for an apt-get.

Thanks,
Gabe