[mythtv-users] Slightly OT:ATrpm Kernel and DVB?

Kenneth Aafløy ke-aa at frisurf.no
Sat Feb 14 22:25:20 EST 2004

On Sunday 15 February 2004 03:49, Philippe Daoust wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have my hands on a DVB card for a little while (Nexus-s) and I wanted to
> try the Myth DVB support just for the hell of it (also tinkering with VDR).
>
> My current install is based on Jarod's guide (thanks Jarod BTW) so I am
> using the ATrpm Kernel.  When I try to compile the DVB drivers I get an
> error saying:
>
> "make[2]: Entering directory
> `/usr/src/linux-2.4.22-1.2163.nptl_32.rhfc1.at'
>
> The present kernel configuration has modules disabled.
> Type 'make config' and enable loadable module support.
> Then build a kernel with module support enabled."
>
> The README also says you need :
>
> - Video4Linux Support (CONFIG_VIDEO_DEV)
> - Input Core Support (CONFIG_INPUT)
> - Event Device Support (CONFIG_INPUT_EVDEV)
>
> I'm pretty sure the first one is in the atRPM kernel but I'm not usre about
> the other two
>
> I checked around Axel's site and I coulnd't find a kernel that seemed
> suitable for DVB.  Is that the case???  I guess worse case I'll compile my
> own but that would suck...  Last time I compiled a kernel was back in the
> days of RH7.0 and all I remember is that you have to answer like a hundred
> questions to get it done (99% of which you have no idea what the hell they
> are about) and that it ook a lot of time...
>
> Thanks for any pointers!

Well, I did:

In short, find the config for the current kernel (usually
in /boot/config<something>).

Copy this file to the root of your current kernel tree to a file
named .config.

run 'make dep' in the kernel tree

Retry the linuxtv compilation.

Depending of your setup, you might be unable to load the module because of
kernel version mismatch, if so, edit the Makefile (at the top), make dep,
and recompile the driver.

Also there is a howto on kernel stuff on www.tldp.org i belive.

Bottom line:
This is not a support channel for kernel/driver compilation, but since you at
least cared enough to mark your post OT...

--

Kenneth
ke-aa at frisurf.no