[mythtv-users] Hanging and failed recordings.

Tom Jaeger mail at networksinstalled.com
Sun Feb 15 13:19:38 EST 2004

Thanks for the info.  Ok i seem to be getting more info.  After a reboot my
myth box can record a couple hours of shows fine.  Then it stops recording.
The mythbox and logs say it is still recording but the file does not get any
larger and the logs show no errors.  I can watch live tv after it has failed
and after it stops trying to record the show it it failed on.  It will try
to record more shows but it just records empty files.  last night it died.
I restarted mythbackend but it did not automatically restart the recording.
I told it to record another show and it did record it.   Even in the
advanced logging" -v all " there were no errors with the stoped playback.

Should I just back up my Database and config files.  Then fdisk the box and
follow Jarod's guide again???
Tom Jaeger