[mythtv-users] gallery, video and music

Bill Oberman Oberman at BodyMedia.Com
Sun Feb 15 15:49:36 EST 2004

I've been using mythtv for tv going on 6 months now, and it keeps getting
better and better.  I started using the modules more, and wanted to pass on
some comments.

My digital camera can take pictures and movies.  To view the movies, I
installed myth video, and pointed it to the images root.  I was wondering if
anyone else besides me would like an option to play videos from within myth
gallery?  I realize this "mixes worlds", but it would be very convenient for
to have everything in one spot.  Another option I'd like is for slideshows
to work recursively, and the option for slideshows to not cycle.

Myth music comments: I'd like to be able to optionally screen out words from
the list sorting (a, an, the).   I'd also like to be able to change the tree
view without having to go to the settings screen and back.  For example, I
usually toggle between:
Genre -> Artist -> Album
Album
Artist -> Album
The last one is that I sometimes like to tweak my ID3 tags.  To get the
changes into myth, I move the files, scan the dir, move the files back, scan
the dir.  I was wondering if myth could track the last modified time in the
DB, and use that on a re-scan to update ID3 tag information?

I have some experience programming, and am willing to put my money where my
mouth is ;-)

william