[mythtv-users] Problems with PVR-250 and MythTV

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Mon Feb 16 03:26:57 EST 2004

Tom Marshall wrote:
> I'm having a couple of usability issues with the PVR-250 and MythTV:
>
> 1. My PVR-250 needs some nondefault color adjustment to look good.  In
> particular, the default saturation level is too high.  It seems that
> whenever MythTV changes channels or begins a new recording, it resets the
> saturation to the default level.  I don't see a place to set the saturation
> either on a global or per-channel level.  I tried looking in the database
> and didn't see anything promising:
>
>   mysql> select * from settings where value like '%sat%';
>   Empty set (0.00 sec)
>
>   mysql> show fields from channel;
>   | contrast     | int(11)          | YES  |     | 32768   |       |
>   | brightness   | int(11)          | YES  |     | 32768   |       |
>   | colour       | int(11)          | YES  |     | 32768   |       |
>   | hue          | int(11)          | YES  |     | 32768   |       |
>
> Is there a saturation setting somewhere that I missed?

"colour" is saturation.

You can modify these record settings per channel during Live
TV by pressing "G". Make sure you're not time-shifted or you
won't see the changes at the same time as you make adjustments.

If you want to set the saturation to 30000 for all channels:

mysql> update channel set colour=30000;

--  bjm