[mythtv-users] ATRPMS mythtvsetup in wrong RPM?

papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Mon Feb 16 07:10:48 EST 2004

	Hello all.  Good news is I've been having enough fun with mythtv to
decide to make a standalone frontend.  Bad news is I forgot how much work I put
into building the original backend/frontend.  I ended up compiling just about
everything (except for the xmltv stuff) from source.  Not too bad on the dual
PIII-933, but the slave box I'm building is just a Celeron 366->550, so I'm
trying to go with rpms.

	Here's the dillema:  All the kernels, lirc, mythfrontend rpms installed
(although I did have to 'apt-get remove redhat-artwork'... removing the
kde.redhat bleck from /etc/apt/apt.sources didn't help).  Problem came when I
tried to set up the frontend to point to the other backend.  Not mythtvsetup
program found.  It's part of the backened rpm, I think, so I had to get all the
xmltv B.S. which relies on it as well.

	Is there any reason mythtvsetup couldn't be a standalone rpm or grouped
with the frontend?  It seems like a bit of an oversight to have to install all
the backend apps for just a frontend.  Am I missing something?

	The main reason for the issue is the drive I'm using is only a leftover
4.3 GB drive.  Fedora + mythtvrpms fills that quickly.

-Cory
* The prime directive of Linux:  					*
* 	- learn what you don't know, 					*
* 	- teach what you do.						*