[mythtv-users] Hollywood+ (DXR3) support?

papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Mon Feb 16 07:45:13 EST 2004

	Hey all... I figured I'd ask here as someone might know.  Along the
lines of the PVR-350, is there any way to make one of the EM8300-based
hollywood+ DXR2 DXR3 cards go with mythtv?  I would imagine that playing mpeg
streams would be pretty trivial, but playing mpeg4 would still require the cpu
to do the decoding.  Also it would require getting a generic framebuffer to
work with one, right?  With a PVR-[23]50 encoder card, though, this might be a
really good way to get good quality tvout, and offload CPU requirement.

	Just a though... I don't have much experience with one of these cards.

-Cory

* The prime directive of Linux:  					*
* 	- learn what you don't know, 					*
* 	- teach what you do.						*