[mythtv-users] mythbackend crashes / watchdog

Hamish Moffatt hamish at cloud.net.au
Mon Feb 16 19:04:37 EST 2004

On Mon, Feb 16, 2004 at 02:42:05PM -0800, Bruce Markey wrote:
> Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> >Thanks for your sarcasm. I want the coredumps kept so that I can generate
> >those backtraces and report the problems.
>
> Did you have any particular year in mind?

Well I've only been running myth for about a month and have only just
got this far, so I don't think I could've reported anything sooner.

> If the backend crashes, the recording would be broken into
> multiple parts. Wouldn't it make more sense to follow these
> instructions:
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-20.html#ss20.9
>
> and post to get a solution rather than post to ask for a script
> to ignore the problem?

You'll note that I wasn't ignoring the problem but wanted to keep
coredumps. Now Isaac says they don't work for multithreaded apps,
but that doesn't seem to be true any more.

Hamish