[mythtv-users] PVR-350 audio output

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Mon Feb 16 23:16:42 EST 2004

On Feb 16, 2004, at 00:59, Trevor Kramer wrote:

> I followed Jarod's guide and was able to get my system up and running
> using a PVR-350 TV-Out.  The only problem I am having is getting the
> sound to play through my sound card.  I can get sound if I connect the
> audio output from the 350 to the rca inputs on my television.  What I
> would like to do is to play the audio from my sound card.  I tried
> using a Y-cable to connect the rca outputs from the 350 to line in on
> my sound card.  When I do this I am unable to get myth to play the
> audio.  I muted line-in and set it and Capture to record with no
> results - (If I leave line-in unmuted I can hear audio but can't
> control it from myth - volume and mute don't work).  Can this be done
> when using the output on a PVR-350?

You shouldn't have line-in muted or capturing, just straight
pass-through. Myth ought to be able to control volume and mute, so I'm
not sure what's going on there (though I use an external amp, so I may
not have tried that, now that I think about it). Anyone else know for
sure on this one?

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...