[mythtv-users] another DCT2000 query

Ray Olszewski ray at comarre.com
Tue Feb 17 16:33:46 EST 2004

I'm attempting to control a DCT2000 cable box using Jim Paris' (contrib) C
program. It doesn't work; it reports it cannot establish communication with
the DCT2000. But the simple shell script from the TiVo Forum DOES work to
turn the DCT2000 on and off, so the port is not completely disabled.

Since Jim's program was written for a DCT2224, not a DCT2000 ... does
anyone know if the two differ in that the 2000 cannot do 2-way
communication? I'm wondering if it is worth the effort to modify the
program so it sends commands blindly, to see if that approach works with
the DCT2000 ... or if there is some simpler option I can try, at least to
test the theory.