[mythtv-users] Re: MythWeb missing some preview pics

Gavin Hurlbut gjhurlbu+mythtv-users at beirdo.ca
Tue Feb 17 17:32:44 EST 2004

Chris Petersen <lists at forevermore.net> wrote:
>> Any ideas on how to fix this?

> Are the permissions correct on the image cache directory?

Yes.  The image_cache directory is owned by root.apache with perms 775.  I'd
imagine that if this were incorrect, that *none* of the preview pics would
be there. :)

I'm pretty sure it's related to the fact that the shows are on the slave
backend.  I've noticed that mythweb doesn't seem to ever connect to the slave
backend, but only to the master.  I'm wondering if that weren't somehow
part of the problem?

Hmmm.  I wonder if I had set the backend override setting, would that affect
the functionality of MythWeb?  I do not have the slave's data NFS mounted.

>>   Also, would it be possible to show in that table
>> which backend the recording is on?

> Probably.  I think the info is there - I just never bothered to do
> anything with it.

Ahhh.  Well, for those of us with multiple backends who like to transcode a
fair number of shows, it would be handy information, although I'm not sure
where it should fit.  I'll leave that to the more aesthetic-aware among us.
If I tried to do it, it'd probably end up looking ugly. :)

I really like having the functionality of MythWeb there.  It is a big selling
point for me.  Congratulations on your fine work :)  I rarely schedule anything
from the frontend except the occasional manual recording from the VCR, so
MythWeb gets a decent workout.

Ciao
Gavin