[mythtv-users] Change live channels from guide?

Christian Hack christianh at edmi.com.au
Wed Feb 18 03:07:05 EST 2004

> Is there a way to choose a channel to watch from the guide while
> watching live tv?  Any way I can think of to choose a channel ends up
> with me being asked to record the program, when I really just want to
> watch it.
>
> I know I could go to the menu, find the channel I want and
> then exit and
> type the channel number in, but I'm lazy and I was hoping there was a
> way to change to the selected channel right off the guide.

I'm pretty sure the way it used to work was if you pressed Escape you
would stay on the current channel, but if you pressed M (the program
guide key) it would change the channel for you to the channel you were
on in the guide. I noticed the same as you in the past week or two but
didn't investigate much since I very very rarely watch live TV anymore
and we only have 5 channels here so changing channel is pretty easy.

CH