[mythtv-users] "mythtv-users"

Patrick Reynolds reynolds at cs.duke.edu
Wed Feb 18 09:46:29 EST 2004

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004, Wayne Thebus wrote:

> 1. How exactly does the timeshifting of Live TV actually work?

It records continuously to a buffer.  You can play anything currently in
that buffer.  Rewinding just means playing an earlier part of the buffer;
pausing means letting the recording get ahead of the playback.  MythTV
will tell you how far you are behind live TV and how much of the buffer is
full.

The buffer size dictates how far you can rewind and how long you can leave
your live TV paused.

> 2. In South Africa we don`t have online TV guides, so how can I set-up my MythTV
> to record my favorite programs.

Are there no online TV guides at all, or just no XMLTV module for South
Africa?

Two reminders worth noting: please don't start a new thread by replying to
a previous message, and make sure your subject line is something useful.

--Patrick