OT: Re: [mythtv-users] Power Heat Noise

Tony Maro tony at maro.net
Wed Feb 18 11:16:02 EST 2004

Lance Tost wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Feb 2004, Juha Pahkala wrote:
>
>>I was wondering if I could install a XP2000+ Thorton (supposed to be
>>133/266MHz) on the existing motherboard or would I need a new
>>motherboard for that prosessor? I suspect the heat produced by the
>>prosessor and hence the noise could be considerably smaller?
>

> This is really not a topic for this list.  Go to amd.com and see if you
> can find an answer there.

I would think heat and noise would be a significant topic for MythTV
users.  This isn't a developer list or a debug list.  The subjects all
say "[mythtv-users]" and most users are concerned with these two things
(heat / noise)

Just my $0.02

And on will it work, if the FSB is supported by your board, I can't see
why there'd be a problem.  Worst case you might have to download a bios
update... that assumes it's a decent brand board.

-Tony