[mythtv-users] Re:Feature request: realtime commercial flagging

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Wed Feb 18 14:09:20 EST 2004

> Is there a way to start commercial flagging on a particular recording? I
> have the "Automatically flag commercials" option switched off, as I
> am using hardware encoding, and don't want the subsequent overhead
> (especially as most of my recordings are on commrcial-free channels
> anyway). However if I record something on a commercial channel to watch
> later in the week, I'd like to be able to mark it for commercial flagging,
> and leave it going overnight.
>
> I was looking for this option last night, and searched the list archives,
> but couldn't find anything that seemed relevant.
>
> Mark

I have it on my TODO list to create a way to start flagging for a program
through mythfrontend similar to how you can start transcoding.  This would
probably be initiated from the Watch Recordings screen.

For now, you can just run mythcommflag before going to bed and it will
flag one or all of your programs overnight.

Commercial flagging doesn't have that much overhead.  It runs as a niced
process and sleeps every frame so that it doesn't use too much cpu and
always gives up cpu time for other processes.

--

Chris