[mythtv-users] yet another hardware list

john lawler maillist at tgice.com
Thu Feb 19 10:43:42 EST 2004

Thanks for the feedback.  I checked out that mobo, and it looks pretty
nice.  I would like to not have to buy a separate video adapter,
especially if this s-video'll work out okay with the nvidia drivers.

Have you used this motherboard yourself?  I'm a bit concerned about the
"shared system memory".  I assume that means the card has no dedicated RAM
and has to borrow from the main RAM.  Have you ever used a card like this
before?  Does it hog much RAM?

I've read the archives on this model and it sounds like some are using it.
  Did I read somewhere that using the onboard video requires you to cut
back the FSB to 133 or 166?  Would that not be problematic for moving lots
of data?

thanks,

jl