[mythtv-users] Re:Re: Using this dirt cheap mobo for a MythTV box

Malcolm mythtv at lds.dyndns.org
Thu Feb 19 15:42:57 EST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "JacqueUsi" <jacqueusi at yahoo.com>
To: <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2004 10:16 AM
Subject: [mythtv-users] Re:Re: Using this dirt cheap mobo for a MythTV box

> Just got Myth loaded on the Syntax board ordered through Tiger Direct.
First tried Knoppmyth only to get a lime green screen on all TV playback. It
appears to be a driver issue. Next, loaded Fedora Core using Jarod's
documentation. The system was to run as a frontend only. Playback was really
really bad.

> I WOULD NOT recommend this board or the S8601MP as neither can keep up
with the decoding. Tiger Direct would only offer me a credit, so buyer
beware!

yeah I bought one too.  It's a dog.  I got mythfrontend running on it
(Mandrake, compiled myth from source) and it's all jerky and sound is
choppy.  Not usable.