[mythtv-users] Tried CVS - Recordings in progress stop if you view them.

Malcolm mythtv at lds.dyndns.org
Fri Feb 20 00:13:42 EST 2004

Hi,

I deceided to try CVS tonight and I noticed two probs that don't exist in my
myth 0.14 (sort of).

First if I went into "watch recordings" and started watching a recording in
progress it immediately killed current recording in progress.  So if a show
was 15 minutes in when I started watching it then I only have 15 mintues.
I've seen this come up on the list before and I experience it once in a while
myself with 0.14.  With tonights CVS it seemed to do it pretty consistantly.

The other thing I noticed is that when mythbackend fired up it would not start
recording a scheduled show that had already started.  Instead it would sit
idle waiting for the next scheduled recording to start.  I liked the old way
much better.  Sometimes the box crashes or gets rebooted in a recording and
it would normally pickup right away and start recording again as soon as the
box came backup.  It would not with tonights CVS.

Since I don't really know how to fix these things I've gone back to 0.14 for
now.  Yeah I know I'm chicken :) but I think I'll just wait till 0.15 comes
out so I can get myth to hang in there for continuous long play (6ish +
hours) without breaking out into choppy video and audio.

Thanks guys
Malcolm