[mythtv-users] ATI All-in-Wonder

Phill Wiggin alamar at llamamuds.com
Fri Feb 20 21:44:12 EST 2004

Henk Poley wrote:

>>Van: Bruce Markey <bjm at lvcm.com>
>>
>>AIW hardware works by writing video data directly into display
>>memory rather than sending it out over the PCI bus. The "km"
>>driver grabs data from the display while the image is on screen.
>>This approach is worthless for any application other than the
>>AVView demo from the GATOS site.
>>

>NB: Mostly responding to Phill Wiggin (or any other ATI AIW user).
>
>I dislike to say "Make a patch!", but well you could... _If_ you don't mind
>that you can't use LiveTV, and can't use you PC when recording (you'll see
>the program that is being recorded). That way it will be much like a normal
>VCR. I suspect GATOS devs can help you further.
>
>If you setup the non-LiveTV stuff, and the frontend interface blocking when
>recording, in a generic way I think people with low CPU hardware might even
>like that option.
>
>	Henk Poley <><

Thanks for the kind suggestion.  But, personally, I really don't care
that much about it.  I just had the AIW laying around and thought I'd
use it if I could.  At present I don't particularly have to have a
second tuner anyway, I'll pick one up later if my MythTV box works as
well as I hope it will.

Thanks again!

Phill W.