[mythtv-users] Hard drive recommendation

Henk Poley hpoley at dds.nl
Sat Feb 21 03:06:45 EST 2004

> Van: steve at nexusuk.org
>
> <snip>
> So, a couple of questions before I go buying a new drive:
>
> 1. Any recommendations on a good drive for Myth? (quietness is a must)

I use a Maxtor 120GB with liquid bearings (and 8MB cache). I can't really
hear it above the fan of my Pundit (yes, I have Q-Fan on) after I set the
Accoustic Mananament Control to 192, the recommended level by the HD
itself. This HD was easier to get than the Seagate Barracuda IV, which is
tested by magazines at 40dB (instead of mine, 41dB).

	Henk Poley <><