[mythtv-users] Watching TV without recording?

Niklas Brunlid nbr at ticalc.org
Sat Feb 21 14:23:19 EST 2004

On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 13:05:48 -0600, Robert Kulagowski <bob at smalltime.com>
wrote:

> Do xawtv or tvtime allow you to pause, rewind or fast forward through
> live TV?
>
> Do you now see why MythTV has to do the encode/decode/display cycle to
> support those features?

Please re-read my post - I am fully aware that this is the _reason_ MythTV
does the cycle. What I was asking was if it would be possible to disable
it while still letting it start when you wanted it - without going into
the MythTV settings menus, but with an acceptable delay (a few seconds)
while it is started. This would be for users like me who will most likely
not use the LiveTV Pause feature all that often, and who would prefer the
low CPU usage 99% of the time.

/ Niklas