[mythtv-users] Epia-M 10000 and Flyvideo 3000

Bry Jacks kaaspad at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 21 14:34:17 EST 2004

Hi, I have an epia-m (nehemia) running kernel 2.6.0-test11 with debian
SID on it. I have been succesful in setting up mythtv on the machine,
and am trying to use a lifeview flyvideo card with an SAA7134 chip. My
machine recognizes the card and xawtv comes up fine with no problems.
When I fire up mythtv, and do "Watch TV" I get the video screen but the
speed is about 1 frame every 3 seconds.. Is the hardware I'm using not
able to hack it ? The via epia supposedly has a hardware decoder for the
video so the main thing that's eating up the CPU is the encoding..
anyone have any ideas how I might make this better ? or is it impossible
with the current hardware ?

Thanks, Bry