[mythtv-users] ALSA volume controls...

Jason mythtv at timekiller.org
Sat Feb 21 21:52:14 EST 2004

I have a question about setting the volume for alsa. I have set the
volume numerous times, and run 'alsactl store' afterwards...

For some reason, my volume keeps getting reset to 71% no matter what I
do. I want to keep it at 100% because I have it hooked into my receiver,
which has everything hooked into it. The way it is now, I have to have
the receiver volume raised to compensate for alsa, then when I switch to
my DVD player, it blasts me, and I have to lower the volume.

Seems like the volume lowering somehow corresponds to changing the
channel, but that could be my imagination...