[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend NFS

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Sun Feb 22 10:13:17 EST 2004

On Sunday 22 February 2004 09:45, Bill Bradley wrote:
> Just a quick question......I installed the ATrpms version of the frontend
> yesterday and it appears that myth no longer wants to stream recorded
> programs from backend but instead is looking for the .nuv files in
> my /var/lib/mythtv parition.  I just mounted up the backend partition via
NFS
> and all was good.
>
> I have installed myth a bunch of times and have never had this happen
before.
> Is this the new default behavior for the frontend?

This behavior was broken for quite a while and has recently been restored.
The frontend will attempt to play directly from a file directly from the
filesystem if it exists.  I'm not sure how it checks for this, but from your
post it seems that it might simply be checking for existence of the directory
rather than the actual file.  If so, you could simply remove the
/var/lib/mythtv directory if you really don't want to maintain the NFS mount.

-JAC