[mythtv-users] How do I get Alsa and Audigy to work with MythTv

Franco net.surfer at tiscalinet.it
Mon Feb 23 08:37:50 EST 2004

Hello,

> I've just installed Gentoo Linux and I have an Audigy 2 sound card. I
> built the emu10k and ALSA modules into my 2.6.3 kernel.

I have the same setup, on Fedora Core 1.
What happens to me is that I have to either statically link
the emu10k1 to the kernel, or do a manual "modprobe snd-emu10k1"
after boot, otherwise it doesn't works.

The same apply with other modules too (e.g. video driver, usb...)
while I had no problems with 2.6.1 ... is there something broken in 2.6.3,
or is there something special to do to enable auto-loading of modules?

As to OSS emulation... yes it seems that a few programs need it to
work, but then the sound is quite low quality!
Luckily, mplayer is able to use alsa...

Franco