[mythtv-users] mythbackend / mythfrontend

Andrew Dodd atd7 at cornell.edu
Mon Feb 23 11:03:13 EST 2004

Quoting "Joseph A. Caputo" <jcaputo1 at comcast.net>:

> On Sunday 22 February 2004 18:05, Xavier Hervy wrote:
> > I have mythbackend and mythfrontend at the same computer.
> > If I sheduler a tv show and exit the frontend.
> > the backend shutdown the computer after 10 seconds.
> > The computer go on when it should record my program. but the frontend
> > log into the backend. then the backend don't shutdown after recording
> > because a frontend is connected.
> > I would like to know if there is a tips for that trouble ?
> >
> > Xavier
>
> Don't have your frontend auto-start on bootup.
That won't help him much, since he's eventually going to have to run the
frontend to watch/schedule something else.

Try disabling all of the auto-shutdown features of the frontend/backend.  (I'm
assuming at some point you enabled them in the first place, since in my
experience they're off by default.)