[mythtv-users] Playing slightly jerky every now and then

Thomas Börkel thomas at boerkel.de
Mon Feb 23 14:25:54 EST 2004

HI!

When watching TV or a recording, I get a little bit of jerkyness every
now and then. Sometimes it's running perfect for a long time and
sometimes it's a little bit stuttering in scenes with motion, so it's
not always. Don't get me wrong, it's still watchable and the GF does not
even see it, but I find it a bit annoying.

I have already tried Jitter Reduction in the settings and played with
different bitrates. At the moment I am capturing:
MPEG2, 720x568, 7000/8000 KBit, 50 Hz.

The TV-Out of the NVidia is also running at 50 Hz.

Hardware:
- PVR-250
- PVR-350 (not using TV-Out)
- NVidia GeForce FX 5200 with TV-Out running at 800x600
- Celeron 2.6 GHz
- 512 MB RAM
- Fedora Core 1

While playing, the CPU is at 25% usage. Capturing is 1%.

I have my MythTV setup with Jarod's guide. I am not using the latest
NVidia driver and not the latest PVR firmware.

Thanks for any hints.

Thomas