[mythtv-users] Playing slightly jerky every now and then

mmcconnell at uniserve.com mmcconnell at uniserve.com
Mon Feb 23 15:01:09 EST 2004

720x568 & 7000 kbit's is a pretty good chunk of data! I suggest you take a peak
at 'iostat' while watching livetv.

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/sebastien.godard/ (or apt-get install sysstat)
iostat 1

What kinda blocks written / read are you seeing?
Have you tuned your drives with hdparm?
Try renice: renice -16 -u mythtv

Mike